Launch of our new apprenticeship scheme.
Published on 13-12-2011Following the success of our previous vocational programme, where we placed over 250 new staff in to primary schools across the UK, Sports Xtra has just seen the launch of our new apprenticeship scheme.
We have arranged 30 placements nationally for our candidates to go in to schools to assist teachers in delivering curricular PE time and to run extra-curricular clubs. The children will benefit from a wide range of activities and a positive role model and the teachers will benefit from an extra pair of hands.
The candidates will earn a National Vocational Qualification, whilst being paid and gaining a vast amount of experience and training.
We hope to continue creating many opportunities for young people in this way and we are always on the lookout for new schools and candidates!
Sports Xtra help The Learning Trust run championship games!
Published on 28-10-2011With only one year until the start of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, over 2500 school children of all abilities from North and East London came together last week (10th -14th October) to participate in the UK's biggest inclusive school sports competition.
Teams from all of the host boroughs competed against each other in Paralympic sports such as Wheelchair Basketball, Goalball, Boccia, Aquatic Swimming, Visually Impaired Football, Athletics and Archery at the Hackney Schools Sports Championships, organised by The Learning Trust. All school teams were asked to enter children with and without Special Educational Needs.
This year marks the fourth year of the Championship games and is set to be the biggest event so far. For the first time in 4 years children as young as 3 also took part on a special Children's Centre day held a few days earlier
For many of the students, it was the first time they had experienced Paralympic sport such as Boccia, Wheelchair Basketball and Wheelchair Archery. However, many more have had the opportunity to try out Paralympic sports at their schools, following the dedicated work by The Learning Trust to ensure Hackney's PE lessons are all inclusive embracing all abilities.
- Launch of our new apprenticeship scheme.
- Sports Xtra help The Learning Trust run championship games! October 2011
- Award winning business! October 2011
- Jack Hunt School to host spying lessons during half-term
- Sports Xtra Sports Ambassador opens this years football account September 2011
- Coaching the Swedish Women's Rugby Team
- 11 year old Sporting Sensation is Awarded as Young Sports Ambassador July 2011
- It could be you! July 2011
- Fantastic daily deals on Xperience Days July 2011
- Children compete with their feet July 2011
- 50 Days of Summer July 2011
- YouTube Channel July 2011
- Children wore out the target! July 2011
- A full day of Archery & Fencing July 2011
- School Delighted with FJF Coach July 2011
- New Summer Camp Launch July 2011
- Better Business Focus - Q&A with Gareth Lippiatt
- Sports Xtra go live at Hall Grove School in Bagshot June 2011
- Fundraising Event raised £400! June 2011
- Sara puts the Xtra factor into kids' PE June 2011
- SX Launch at the Stamford Feast 28th May 2011 June 2011
- Step Away from the Screen: How can you make sure your children get the most out of their activity?